Read the opening post and agree with me that the problem you describe
is of a rather different nature. Your problem is about finding the
right settings for the tri-plane projection, which I wouldn't call a
distortion problem. Both problems ask for a completely different
solution. It's probably a matter of definition, but to me, it looks
like apples and pears: both are fruits and they look a bit alike, but
they're not quite the same.

Anyway it would help if you could provide a screenshot of what your
problem looks like (best in a new thread). For the Hugin community, a
picture often says more than a thousand words ;-)

--
Bart