Having saved the *.pto file, close Hugin and re-start it from the
command line.  You can see what type of errors are happening that is
preventing you from stitching.

I'm not sure what OS platform your using, but when this has occurred in
the past on *buntu, it's been because of a missing dependency.

Dale