Harry van der Wolf <hvdw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/10/31 Andreas Metzler <ametz...@downhill.at.eu.org>
[...]
>> Anyway, how about making this fact [1] a little bit more official by
>> moving the libs to a private subdirectory ($libdir/hugin) and using
>> rpath?

>> Suggested patch attached.
[...]

> This patch will fail on OSX as OSX doesn't support rpath. What's more: it
> will require extra (manual) steps (or scripted shell like includes) to
> correct it for the entire build using the install_name or libtool (not the
> same as the standard GNU libtool). I need to check further to see if it can
> be done automatically.

> If this patch is to be applied before I have found a solution, it should be
> something like "if UNIX and !__APPLE__".

Hello,
I am not familiar with OS X packages, however I have taken a short look
at the contents of the official binary packages. They already seem to
store the libraries in private directory
(Hugin.app/Contents/Libraries/). Which somehow suggests that your
hotfix "if UNIX and !__APPLE__"might be the correct way to solve this,
since cmake already seems to handle the app-specifc libdir case
correctly.

Otherwise googling suggests
  IF (__APPLE__)
    SET(CCMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR magic_string_here)
  ELSE (__APPLE__)
    SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${LIBDIR}/hugin")
  ENDIF (__APPLE__)

but I have no idea for the value of magic_string_here.

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'