Hi Andreas,

2010/10/31 Andreas Metzler <ametz...@downhill.at.eu.org>

> Hello,
> I am not familiar with OS X packages, however I have taken a short look
> at the contents of the official binary packages. They already seem to
> store the libraries in private directory
> (Hugin.app/Contents/Libraries/). Which somehow suggests that your
> hotfix "if UNIX and !__APPLE__"might be the correct way to solve this,
> since cmake already seems to handle the app-specifc libdir case
> correctly.
>
> Otherwise googling suggests
>  IF (__APPLE__)
>    SET(CCMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR magic_string_here)
>  ELSE (__APPLE__)
>    SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${LIBDIR}/hugin")
>  ENDIF (__APPLE__)
>
> but I have no idea for the value of magic_string_here.
>
> cu andreas
> --
> `

The cmake version of Hugin is like any unix/bsd/linux version and just
installs the libraries in /usr/local/lib by default or the prefix your
prefer, with the limitation however that rpath is unknown.
The bundle is created from the XCode IDE and is "post"-linked and
"structured" in a totally different way. Some parts are done automatically
by XCode, some parts, e.g. the external dependent libraries, are scripted
inside XCode.

I prefer to keep the cmake version as standard as possible. Standard with
regard to normal cmake, make, (sudo) make install commands and command
execution without extra shells scripts being called.

Somewhere in winter-spring 2010 I tried to use the "IF (__APPLE__)
SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR magic_string_here)", but it is a general string.
It means that it has to be added differently for libraries and binaries. At
that time I couldn't make it successful and removed it again from the trunk.
Perhaps due to my lacking skills but also due to the fact that cmake didn't
handle this entirely correct.

As mentioned: I don't mind this to be changed but it needs to exclude Apple
as long as I or someone else hasn't found a solution. It's no problem to
keep it a little longer in the "old"  .../lib library folder on Apple where
it has been for so many years. In that case the mac community will pick up a
little later.

As mentioned in an earlier post: I have spent quite some time on Hugin the
past months and currently want to look at the other projects I'm involved in
for OSX, as well as do some home video editing from the past few holidays in
2010 and one from 2009.
So, I prefer that the Apple cmake build remains "like this" and not gets
broken because we lack the resources to correct it to the new design. Please
exclude Apple temporarily (unless someone else jumps in to do it off
course).

Hoi,
Harry