kfj schrieb am 05.01.11 10:13:

On 4 Jan., 23:33, kevin<ke...@bluelavalamp.net>  wrote:
[...]I had one stack that it couldn't find any CPs, as soon as I
removed that stack then it ran step 4 from the wiki. [...]

So you see it's not a bug but a result of the method. The wiki states
that the process will (only) proceed when all images are in one group.
Whether this is desirable depends on the situation, but I think it's
reasonable: I suppose 'overlapping' means here 'sharing control
points' - I don't think the software actually looks at the images and
how they are positioned on the panosphere and how they may overlap
there - this would be very computationally expensive (just guessing).

So you must make sure that you only have one group in the pano; if
there's an odd one out, you can just quickly add CPs manually for it
and you should be fine.

The mentioned steps in <http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Parameters_for_Control_Point_Detectors_dialog#Multi-row_panorama> will most likely be done in the Images tab. There is a report in the Assistant tab about pictures not being connected via control points. I wonder if this could somehow be used to give a meaningful warning.

BTW the report in the Assistant tab is not easily readable if a large number of images is involved: the only optical divider between group is a comma ("], ["), how about displaying a list like this:
- [0-2]
- [3-5,7-9]
- [6]

Carl