On March 1, 2011 04:40:09 am Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 1. März 2011 schrieb kfj:
> > On 28 Jan., 17:45, Kornel Benko <kornel.be...@berlin.de> wrote:
> > > If you upgrade than consider that on 10.10 the cmake is erroneous.
> > > (try somehow to downgrade cmake from 2.8.2 to version 2.8.0.)
> >
> > In what way erroneous? I've been using cmake 2.8.2 on my Kubuntu 10.10
> > system for months and it has always done precisely what it's supposed
> > to do.
>
> Creating debian package with "make package" ...

...is just more broken than in previous and latest version.  AFAIK it has
always been "broken" in that the Debian packages build with CMake/CPack don't
pass basic Debian tests / policies.  Google for a thread in this list where
Andreas Metzler gives the details.

Using the combination of
    make package && sudo dpkg -i <NAME_OF_THE_GENERATED PACKAGE>
is barely better than using
    make && sudo make install

If you are serious about building debian packages use dpkg-buildpackage

Some instructions (geared at producing a package for a PPA on Launchpad) are
at [0].

Theoretically it would be possible to follow the above instructions and build
binary snapshot of any version of Hugin including development branches; and
distribute them from a Launchpad PPA (any Launchpad member can have their own
PPA), but so far nobody has gone there yet.

Yuv

[0] <http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_PPA>