Am Dienstag, 1. März 2011 schrieb Yuval Levy:
> On March 1, 2011 04:40:09 am Kornel Benko wrote:
> > >
> > > In what way erroneous? I've been using cmake 2.8.2 on my Kubuntu 10.10
> > > system for months and it has always done precisely what it's supposed
> > > to do.
> >
> > Creating debian package with "make package" ...
>
> ...is just more broken than in previous and latest version.  AFAIK it has
> always been "broken" in that the Debian packages build with CMake/CPack
> don't pass basic Debian tests / policies.  Google for a thread in this
> list where Andreas Metzler gives the details.

It is. But still I am using this build-process without problems. (Until now I
was using the 2.8.0 version, but since some days I use the 2.8.4 version on
ubuntu 10.10)
(Got it from "ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/cmake/";
        cmake_2.8.4-2_amd64.deb
        cmake-data_2.8.4-2_all.deb
        cmake-qt-gui_2.8.4-2_amd64.deb
)

> Using the combination of
>     make package && sudo dpkg -i <NAME_OF_THE_GENERATED PACKAGE>
> is barely better than using
>     make && sudo make install

Naturally I don't follow you here. Installing through package makes it easy to
deinstall also.
Ok, maybe it's valid for me only ...

> Yuv

        Kornel