On May 24, 2011 08:07:10 AM kfj wrote:
> Have several shutter remotes by the side of the wheel, one for each
> camera, and one device to trigger them mounted on the wheel's rim. By
> positioning the remotes right, you should be able to get the cameras
> to be triggered at precisely defined times, as the trigger passes each
> of them in turn. Should beat estimating travel time, and you can
> iteratively approach a perfect mount.

yes, that's a great solution!  reminds me of when I was a kid and we use to
clamp cards to the fork of the bike to make "motor noise".

will need to monitor carefully tire inflation, but can be calibrated with the
iterative approach.  or just add an extra wheel specific for the task.  Then
it can be mounted in the center, perfectly aligned with the camera's array, as
opposed to the sides of the car where the length of the trajectory is slightly
different when taking a turn.

Making the circumference of this wheel to be exactly the distance between the
the camera's NPPs makes it even easier:  trigger at every complete rotation
and let the logic decide which camera is next.

Who's building the prototype?

Yuv