I really think its possible, but would it worth the effort? I mean, this way
you could also put a camera on a long arm and do a good nadir picture, but
what's the objective of a street view? I think its different from 360cities,
for example. At google street view the goal is not the perfect stitch, is
much more get the whole world shot. I really don't mind with its parallax
errors.

Anyway, its a very interesting idea and discussion. Once I have been an
electronic engineer :). If I had the time I would probably be interested in
doing that... by the way, there's a very good DIY projects site at
instructables.com with some electronic projects that could help someone here
interested in doing this.

Carlos.