On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Harry van der Wolf <hvdw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It doesn't launch PTBatcherGui at all?

  Not when attempting a stitch.  I can launch the batcher manually and
add the project file.

> Or it doesn't launch PTBatcherGui in "immediate stitch"  mode?

  Correct.

> If the latter, just to be sure: What button do you use in the Assistant: The
> "Send to Assitant queue" from button row 2, or the "Create panorama..." from
> button row 3?

  I tried "Create Panorama" as well as "Stitch!" in the "Stitcher" window.

> I can only conclude that you are right and that the Installer is doing
> "something" wrong or maybe not: The applications are registered in the
> "Launch Services database". Maybe it needs an uninstaller to remove the
> entries and that a simple remove incl. trash doesn't do this. I'm sure that
> Finder picks up after some time as that's what some background processes do
> but I have no idea whether this scan runs every 5, 50, 500 or whatever
> period of seconds/minutes.

  I have had the computer turned off all day since my tests early this
morning when I noticed this odd behavior with the installer.  I just
decompressed the .dmg file and ran the installer.  It continues to
tell me that "no additional space is required" to install the contents
of the package even though I deleted all those files prior to turning
off the computer.  So, that tells me that something seems to be amiss
with the ability of the installer to be able to properly determine
what is or is not installed on the computer.

  Again, OS X 10.5.4 on a Core 2 Duo iMac.

  Steve