Harry,

You will need to tell me if this worked because it did something I was not expecting.

To show you where this is.

[MH-iMac:~/Pictures/HuginTest] aks% ls
SLopen.zip test1-test2.jpg test1-test2.pto test1-test2_2.log test2.jpg
open                    test1-test2.log         test1-test2_1.log
test1.jpg

To show you this open runs.

[MH-iMac:~/Pictures/HuginTest] aks% ./open
Usage: open [-e] [-t] [-f] [-W] [-R] [-n] [-g] [-h] [-b <bundle identifier>] [-a <application>] [filenames] [--args arguments]
Help: Open opens files from a shell.
By default, opens each file using the default application for that file. If the file is in the form of a URL, the file will be opened as a URL.
      -a                Opens with the specified application.
-b Opens with the specified application bundle identifier.
      -e                Opens with TextEdit.
      -t                Opens with default text editor.
-f Reads input from standard input and opens with TextEdit.
      -R, --reveal      Selects in the Finder instead of opening.
-W, --wait-apps Blocks until the used applications are closed (even if they were already running). --args All remaining arguments are passed in argv to the application's main() function instead of opened. -n, --new Open a new instance of the application even if one is already running. -g, --background Does not bring the application to the foreground. -h, --header Searches header file locations for headers matching the given filenames, and opens them.

This launches PTBatcherGUI with test1-test2.pto waiting.
[MH-iMac:~/Pictures/HuginTest] aks% ./open -b net.sourceforge.hugin.PTBatcherGUI ./test1-test2.pto

This launches PTBatcherGUI with an empty list.
[MH-iMac:~/Pictures/HuginTest] aks% ./open -b net.sourceforge.hugin.PTBatcherGUI --args -a ./test1-test2.pto

This also launches PTBatcherGUI with an empty list.
[MH-iMac:~/Pictures/HuginTest] aks% ./open -b net.sourceforge.hugin.PTBatcherGUI --args -a test1-test2.pto

This also launches PTBatcherGUI with test1-test2.pto waiting and the Assistant as the output prefix. It looks like it completes something else when I tell it to run. [MH-iMac:~/Pictures/HuginTest] aks% ./open -b net.sourceforge.hugin.PTBatcherGUI --args -a /Users/aks/Pictures/ HuginTest/test1-test2.pto

Allan