2011/6/18 AKS-Gmail-IMAP <aksei...@gmail.com>

> Harry,
>
> You will need to tell me if this worked because it did something I was not
> expecting.
>

> *To show you this open runs.*
>
> [MH-iMac:~/Pictures/HuginTest] aks% ./open
> Usage: open [-e] [-t] [-f] [-W] [-R] [-n] [-g] [-h] [-b <bundle
> identifier>] [-a <application>] [filenames] [--args arguments]
> Help: Open opens files from a shell.
>       By default, opens each file using the default application for that
> file.
>       If the file is in the form of a URL, the file will be opened as a
> URL.
>       -a                Opens with the specified application.
>       -b                Opens with the specified application bundle
> identifier.
>       -e                Opens with TextEdit.
>       -t                Opens with default text editor.
>       -f                Reads input from standard input and opens with
> TextEdit.
>       -R, --reveal      Selects in the Finder instead of opening.
>       -W, --wait-apps   Blocks until the used applications are closed (even
> if they were already running).
>           --args        All remaining arguments are passed in argv to the
> application's main() function instead of opened.
>       -n, --new         Open a new instance of the application even if one
> is already running.
>       -g, --background  Does not bring the application to the foreground.
>       -h, --header      Searches header file locations for headers matching
> the given filenames, and opens them.
>
> It runs. That is great. It means that I can use the SnowLeopard open at
least in Leopard (or so it seems). Hopefully also on Tiger. I will include
it in the bundle as an internal command like
enblend/enfuse/gnumake/celeste_standalone etc.

> *This launches PTBatcherGUI with test1-test2.pto waiting.*
> [MH-iMac:~/Pictures/HuginTest] aks% ./open -b
> net.sourceforge.hugin.PTBatcherGUI ./test1-test2.pto
>
> Nice. This is the default call without switches. At least it opens
PTBatcherGui with the project.

For the next three I made an error. Please start PTBatcherGui first and
empty the project list (right side second button: remove completed. If left,
remove them as well). The third call told PTBatcherGui to start processing.
It didn't do this with the specified project, due to my mistake, so it
continued with the already waiting projects in PTBatcherGui, from the first
call(s).

> *This launches PTBatcherGUI with an empty list.*
> [MH-iMac:~/Pictures/HuginTest] aks% ./open -b
> net.sourceforge.hugin.PTBatcherGUI --args -a ./test1-test2.pto
>
> *This also launches PTBatcherGUI with an empty list.*
> [MH-iMac:~/Pictures/HuginTest] aks% ./open -b
> net.sourceforge.hugin.PTBatcherGUI --args -a test1-test2.pto
>
> *This also launches PTBatcherGUI with test1-test2.pto waiting and the
> Assistant as the output prefix. It looks like it completes something else
> when I tell it to run.*
> [MH-iMac:~/Pictures/HuginTest] aks% ./open -b
> net.sourceforge.hugin.PTBatcherGUI --args -a
> /Users/aks/Pictures/HuginTest/test1-test2.pto

Please try this call with:
./open -b net.sourceforge.hugin.PTBatcherGUI  ./test1-test2.pto --args -a

I know you have Tiger as well. Please try it on Tiger also.

Harry