As an experiment, I shot this by abusing the Sony Sweep Panorama feature:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iantindale/6241529419/ — I held the camera
level and simply walked along in a straight line, pointing the camera
sideways, starting at one end of that room and ending at the other end.
Obviously I must’ve veered slightly towards it by the time I got to the
end, but it was only a quickie test to see if the technique could be
applied to shooting panomurals (as I’ve termed them).

On 18 November 2011 06:34, kfj <_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 18 Nov., 00:13, JohnPW <johnpwatk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 17, 4:13 pm, kfj <_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > This is why we now try and coerce 2D hardware to do a 1D job.
> >
> > I actually think using a 2D camera might be superior in many ways.
> > Besides ready availability of interchangeable equipment,  it would
> > also be more forgiving of camera movement while also allowing you to
> > readily remove moving object artifacts.
>
> That's a point (or two, rather ;-)
>
> And maybe trying to do stay 1D and even 2D is too limiting anyway -
> eventually, we'll embrace 3D scene reconstruction, and for that
> purpose parallax becomes an asset.
>
> Kay

*Ian Tindale*