On Sunday, 27 November 2011 at 22:30:01 -1000, Gnome Nomad wrote:
> Bob Campbell wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 25, 6:30 pm, Gnome Nomad <gnomeno...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I only have normal lenses: 28-75mm F2.8, 80-300mm zoom, 500mm telephoto.
>>
>> Er, technically a camera is only going to have a small range for
>> "normal" lenses, depending on the film/sensor area (particularly the
>> diagonal).  Which is why a normal lens for a 35mm is 50mm but for a
>> 4x5 camera the normal lens is 150mm.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_lens
>
> "Normal" in this context meaning "not wide-angle or fisheye".

I haven't been following this thread much, beyond noting that the real
problem appears to be lack of understanding of Hugin (which may
indicate weaknesses in the documentation), but my understanding of
"normal" was "not fish-eye", or "rectilinear".  See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectilinear_lens

And I thought it most specifically *does* include wide-angle lenses:

On Monday, 21 November 2011 at  9:39:08 -0800, mark skama wrote:
> for normal lenses i mean not fisheye type and start from 20mm in the
> 35mm format sensor

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer