Quality wise, it will not be good enough for stiching, but as starting
values for the estimation process, it should be helpful.

If extended to the mosiac mode where the solution is more ambiguous, it
should help limiting the solution space.    And for other photogrammetry
applications it should definitely be helpful, such as for example
Autodesk123D Catch. That generate 3D models (mesh and texture) from
photographs. That solution must calculate camera postion and orientation as
a part of the solution, this problem would get better bundaries with an
initial attitude estimate.

Cheers
/O

2012/1/9 Gerhard Killesreiter <gerh...@killesreiter.de>