>> > - In the Old GUI, I liked the drop down in the Optimizer menu, >
>> that gave the different stitching options. > This allows to play
>> around without understanding in detail > what's happening.
>
> These still exist, but they are now on the Photos tab.  I agree that
> this is non-optimal, but also agree that they shouldn't be duplicated.

Thanks for pointing this out. That's fine with me. But I would then
completely remove the Optimizer Tab. Right now it seems to pop on and
off in my installation.

Also, there should be a preselection in the GUI, so I can just click
"Calculate".

We can never come up with a GUI that suites everybody. For GUI's it's
important that they remain stable, so people can stay in their workflow.
So we should create a useful GUI and then stick to it.

I'm all in favour of simple/advanced: Normaly I i want to get things
done quickly, and they work. In some occasions a Pano is difficult to
assemble, and then I need all the extra tweaking.

Cheers
Serge