On 24 April 2013 16:23, Giancarlo Todone <giancarlo.tod...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wait... I could just be missing something obvious, or we're not speaking
about the same program.
> As stated here there's no zoom in fast preview: only zoom I could find is
on overview. Both of them (preview/overview) are far from being suitable
for a manual precision alignment since (as stated in the linked discussion)

> the images are downsized to very poor resolution
> distorsion computations are just a coarse approximation of the real stuff
and using finer grained texture could do nothing but make it more obvious.

> How on earth could you use this to align something as little as 0,01 deg
offset??

Generally we don't use the preview to do fine-alignment of photos because
the control point system is far more accurate. Also all you can do is drag
the photos around in the preview, whereas misalignment errors can be
because of bad lens parameters - I don't see how it could be practical to
adjust lens parameters interactively, this is why we use machine
optimisation.

Having said that, you should be getting much better results with Hugin than
this, the errors are equivalent to 1-2cm camera misalignment. You said you
are using a robot head, are you relying on the position data from the
robot? or are you creating a full set of control points and optimising
positions and lens parameters?

( At some point we would like to add some morph-to-fit functionality in
Hugin to correct minor errors, see the prototype here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/hugin-ptx/UripOuuYXCQ )

--
Bruno