I'm not familiar with Window but I think I remember that sometimes graphic
card driver issues can cause problems:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/hugin-ptx/win$20graphic$20card$20driver

Do you load images per drag and drop or do you use the "load images"
button? Does that make a difference?

Did you try to trash the prefs file?

Can you make some of your image files available so people can test on their
platforms?

BTW which version of Hugin do you use? 2013.0.0?

Carl

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/3bd7425b-9c36-4048-843b-cc4bbfdf173a%40googlegroups.com.