On 12/05/2013 11:21 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:
2013/12/6 David W. Jones <gnomeno...@gmail.com
<mailto:gnomeno...@gmail.com>>

    Hmm. I know Hugin heavily uses OpenGL on Linux. I've heard that
    Windows 7 and later has been progressively reducing the
    functionality of its stock OpenGL drivers in an effort to force
    people to stop using OpenGL in favor of the proprietary and
    Windows-specific DirectX API. Maybe the crash is coming from that?

    Or it could be coming from whatever library Windows Hugin is using
    to load each image?

    Windows XP is the last version of Windows I have around here. Have
    you tried setting up a virtual machine on Windows 7, installing a
    live Linux distro in it, adding the Linux version of Hugin - and
    seeing if you have the same problem?

FWIW, I also use Hugin on Windows 7 64 bits and an Intel HD integrated
graphics. I don't have any stability issue. So I guess the driver
problem may be the best explanation.

mrf, can you tell us what is your hardware configuration?

But you are right, David, Microsoft seems to be pushing OpenGL out :-(

Yup, couldn't possibly have people using anything that doesn't require Windows. I'm glad I dumped Microsoft a long time ago.

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com