Am Sonntag, 4. August 2013 13:14:52 UTC+2 schrieb John Eklund:

the philopod is only for the desperate.

I disagree. I've come to like the method very much, and I'm happy with my
results. I only realized how good the technique is once I had learned it,
and now I'm using itall the time.

> Like the Swiss army knife, its main feature is that you should always
> carry it on you.

My improved (loop, weight and brace) philopod weighs 31.7g, including it's
box. Considering my backpack weighs in at about 20kg, this isn't much.
Beats my tripod, anyway. And I stopped taking my swiss army knife (75.1g)
in favour of a small Opinel (36.5g). So for the weight of a swiss army
knife, I now have a knife and a philopod :)

Kay

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/604479a1-5223-4eaf-9239-9a87e7aced96%40googlegroups.com.