Am Mittwoch, 22. Oktober 2014 18:59:07 UTC+2 schrieb John Muccigrosso:

> No one is asking for sub-pixel accuracy. We're trying to understand how
> the masking functionality works and noted that it behaves in unexpected
> ways and not as the manual (which is admittedly minimal) indicates.

I can't reproduce the issues you mentioned. I can get only something
similar as the mentioned issues if I use masks with very narrow points. And
for this the mask tab is not indented.

Also the tutorial states this already:
cite: "Blend masks are not like your normal 'cut out' and 'paste in'
masking. They are more like giving hints to the blender, so it isn't always
necessary to carefully define a mask exactly on the boundary of an object.
Often it sufficient to only roughly enclose the object to be included or
excluded."

> I'd go so far as to say that it behaves unlike any similar function I've
used in other software.

Then I have used other software than you.

> Note however that the tutorial you like has a mask with over 30 points,
> and that it also includes the directions on how to manipulate masks that
> don't behave as described.

Where is this described? I don't see such text where issues like in your
first post are mentioned.

PS: The selection tools use a little fuzzy distance, otherwise you would
have to click exactly on the point or line, which would be nearly
impossible for lines. Alternatively the selections points and lines would
have to be drawn significant bigger and would hide parts of the image.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/af7fba8b-2b82-4642-bc95-57ce6be866dd%40googlegroups.com.