On 22 July 2015 at 09:10, cspiel wrote:

>         I shall only talk for the Enblend/Enfuse project, which is
> hosted on SourceForge just like Hugin.  Actually, we are using two of
> their services:
>     1. Source-code management with Mercurial.
>     2. File hosting for the release tar-balls.

It's not about git vs. mercurial, they are pretty much equivalent,
Sourceforge has been down for nearly a week and may not have much of a
future: http://sourceforge.net/p/enblend/code/

Combine this with the recent revelation that they insert malware into
Windows installers, now seems like a good time to be looking at
alternatives:

- bitbucket works well and allows you to continue with Mercurial.
- launchpad is already set up with developer permissions as we use the
bug-tracker, but means switching to git.

BTW, it's reassuring to see the Hugin repository has every commit
since 2003, i.e. we have migrated from cvs to svn to hg to git without
losing anything.

--
Bruno

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/CAJV99ZjTnYkrqWvb1EWksmEyupc6r5S0WUagLLaLauc_O1GxqQ%40mail.gmail.com.