Hi list

On 22.07.2015 19:39, T. Modes wrote:

> with all the problems I tempted to remove the git repository again.
> I think we should do more tests before doing the switch. The first test
> was not fully successfully.
>
> I has somebody objections against the removal of the git repo?

I have reworked the hugins-nightly scripts to work from git. They
produced today (see
https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/nightly
)

Of course, I can revert these changes, no problem.

However, we are really far into a release atm and we need a working
repository as a way for builders to download sources now. And a way we
can distribute binary packages for those poor souls not being able to
rely on OS inherent download repositories for binaries (I'm looking at
you, windows ... ;) ).

Sourceforge has hinted towards a complete restoration of their functions
for mid of this week, but here it is Wednesday evening and still
mercurial is not working.

I say we need an alternative plan, at least for the source repository.
And because switching the source version control system at this time in
the release process seem a large risk to me, I propose to find another
hosting provider for the mercurial hugin repo.

If all hell breaks loose, I hereby offer to host it on one of my private
servers for a _limited_ amount of time.

We will take care for the binaries once the have been created. And I
hope we can discuss and test the move from mercurial to git at ease
after the release of hugin 2015.0.0. Because I'm convinced that in the
long run, git will displace all other SCMs.

What do *you* think?

Cheers

Stefan Peter

--
Any technology that does not appear magical is insufficiently advanced.
~ Gregory Benford

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/55AFECE2.7000602%40swissonline.ch.