I have had enough problems finding some of the controls that I have given
up and made a several scripts to edit the pto file outside of hugin. In
fairness I had that problem with the old hugin as well. This new one has
solved a few and hidden some others. The last few versions have some pretty
handy features.(auto stacking and the new CPfinder are both really nice
compared to the older versions.)

One of you guys posted and made it sound easy to move the code around in
hugin. Now you have me interested and I will take a look at it.

On a side note, someone mentioned here that they do not like having the
simple editor on a different screen than the advanced. I wonder how that
was any different than having the fast preview on a different window.

As for the answer, get a second monitor for your computer and open the
preview on the second monitor. I have started doing that the last few
months and I really love it. Now I can see what each change does in real
time vs checking on my work every once in a while and then finding I had
made a mistake a few minutes ago and need to redo a lot.

Over all a good product and I am very thankful someone is keeping the code
moving(the new cpfinder and auto stacking both great new features)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/78ddc10b-29ef-4cfb-9903-baa7bbe8ee30%40googlegroups.com.