Hi Michael

On 07.08.2016 18:02, Michael Havens wrote:
> Here are the photos and stitced picture.
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2xvsVTZy4y1T0NsMkdOdGo2TWs

>From what I understand from the pics you have posted (and thank you for
not sending them out to everyone on this mailing list but providing a
link for downloading), I think your main problem is exposure or dynamic
range of a picture. Your leftmost image features a very bright window
making up an estimated 40 percent of the image and the interior wall
making up the rest. You camera will try to level out these two extremes
so that the average will be 19% grey, resulting in the window to be way
overblown and the wall to light, too, if compared with the middle shot
that has now window. Remember that your eyes can cover a dynamic range
of up to 18 steps but your digital camera can not.

I'd recommend the following:

o Learn how to shoot the left shot so it looks natural. You will
  have to use a technique known as bracketing. This means shooting
  manually and doing -6, -4, -2, 0, +2, +4, +6 exposed images of
  the window. Then, you will have to combine the shoots using
  either hugin or enfuse or some other hdr tool to get an image
  with reduced dynamic range. If the -6 to +6 range does not
  lead to satisfactory results, feel free to extend the range or
  widen the steps between exposures.
o Another issue may be the light color differences between the
  outside (sunlight) and the inside (tungsten?) of the room.
  You may have to prepare for these differences when preparing
  the images for enfuse or your HDR tool of choice.
  In the past, I have been known for using two versions of the
  same image, one developed for the outside color and masked
  to only include these areas and a copy thereof developed for
  the inside lighting, excluding the rest of the image. In such cases,
  Hugins masks feature comes handy!
o Always shoot in RAW mode if your camera supports it. This allows you
  to take advantage of the full dynamic range your camera supports and
  selectively apply colour profiles depending of the location of the
  best exposed part of the image you are handling.

Please do not refrain to come back to us if you have additional
questions or want constructive feedback concerning your work.

With kind regards

Stefan Peter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.