On August 7, 2016 6:23:04 PM EDT, Michael Havens <havens.busin...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>I figured out lens distortion but what should I take a picture of? I
>think
>that image with lines radiating from a central point. What do you know?
>just took a picture of my monitor. with that it found two x axis lines
>and
>one y.

One of the nice things about Hugin is its ability to back-calculate lens
parameters. If you place a lot of good, varied control points in the overlap
regions, then enable the lens distortion optimizations, Hugin should be able to
find and correct the distortions of your lens. This works best with a tripod &
nodal rotation, however. Parallax errors in the source photos can cause the
distortion parameters to go crazy during the optimization.

--Sean

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/BC1C65DF-6CB2-40BD-8C67-A7E5BD0BB6DF%40seangreenslade.com.