Hey, thanks for sharing the pictures. Loved them, big and sharp. :)

Very big - 446.8MB per image! What kind of drone/camera did you use?

The focal length Hugin PTO Generator came up with was 34.607 with a multiplier of 1.

I stitched all 4 of them, full sized, in Hugin on my Linux laptop. First ran the Hugin PTO Generator. Then opened the PTO in Hugin, ran the CPFind + Celeste option on it. Ran the Positions Incremental geometric otpimization. Cleaned the control points. On the Masks tab, masked out the corner notch and the black borders on the images. Ran the Positions and Barrel Distortion (yp4b) geometric optimization. Went to the Fast Preview, set it to Rectilinear projection. Clicked the Center button on Move/Drag tab, then Autocrop. On the Stitcher tab, I clicked Calculate Optimal Size. I experimented with various photometric optimizations and finally decided to just leave it untouched.

Saved the PTO and ran the stitch. Stitching took 4 minutes on my 2.4GHz i7 processor.

Memory usage peaked at 10.8GB (my laptop has 16GB). That could affect things on machines with less memory or other operating systems. My office laptop with Windows 7 Enterprise and 8GB of memory uses just about 4GB of memory for Windows and the assorted enterprise-mandated security applications. So I suspect the fact that stitching stopped and produced a corrupted file on your computer means your computer ran out of memory and something didn't respond well to using swap space.

I ended up with a 932.9MB 48-bit TIFF file. Ran the stitch again to output a JPG and got a 345.3MB file.

Thank you again for the pictures. I currently shoot mere 6Mpixel 48-bit TIFF and plan to move to a 42-45Mpixel camera in the future. Nice to know that my present set up can handle large images!