By separate interfaces, I mean there is "simple", meaning opens the "Fast
Panorama preview" window. Then, choosing "advanced"  or "expert" opens a
second window, "Hugin - Panorama Stitcher" and adds an overview mode peeker
to the "Fast Panorama preview". But, next time Hugin is opened, will open
one window only, depending on the mode selected in the previous session.
This is misleading and is overkill to go selecting the mode each time just
to have both. I need both.
I am curious if there is something more done in the back for "advanced" by
comparison to "expert"...
Having two windows is very handy when having two monitors available. Think
about GIMP, it has the option to go one windowed or split. It's good to
have that.