I think the last time I had a working PV (before name change to lux) on my system, I had to compile it myself.

Sorry, I don't do flatpack or appimage. I've tried both with a couple of different apps, with complete lack of success, and no interest in figuring out why they didn't work.

Doesn't compiling something to use static libs also include everything inside the app?