On 1/13/24 05:54, Maarten Verberne wrote:

Op 13-Jan-24 om 16:10 schreef wirz:

I don't think GPU matters at all, as you pointed out about Intel onboard GPUs outrunning the fancy GPUs. If the GPU supports OpenGL (without throwing you out of house and home with its electric bill!), then any basic GPU is good. :)

It matters in the speed nona works, and that's still significant if you do a lot of stitching.

i might be able to catch some screen prints if you like.

Ah, as Lukas Wirz wrote, it appears openCL...got those mixed up, but the point stands. a gpu that does openCL well is what you want, that ain't nvidea, this is intel and amd.

No no, what I wrote was an addition, not a correction.  Hugin / nona use OpenGL and enblend uses OpenCL.

In that case, openGL is the issue with nvidea, couldn't tell if openCL is a problem for nvidea..didn't test that combo with the rtx and enblend.

Interestingly, while I have OpenCL installed here, neither Hugin, nona nor enblend use it. The only apps that it seems to be connected with are Ardour (pro audio DAW), Blender, Kdenlive, etc.

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com