1- optimizer will be enabled once you select custom parameters for Optimize
Geometric
2- to delete control points go to the control points tab, select the images
with common control points, select the offending control point and press
delete
3- zip your images into a single file and make it available for others as
"anyone who has the link". Google has the terrible habit of keeping tabs on
anyone that is using shared anything, so some of us prefer to use a private
broswer or alternative ways to access other people's files.
4- jpeg is a terrible format. Drop the habit of using jpeg files. Tiff is
larger and not very efficient, but much better quality. Once you have a
file you like convert from tif to whatever crappy compressed format you
want to use for display.
5- you don't need to stitch and re-stitch fragments of the image. What is
important is that you find control points only for images that share common
features. So think in rows and columns. Do not select all images and hit
find control points, select only images that share common elements and find
control points that way. Hugin can do the rest of the sitching for a large
image.
6- Befriend yourself with the OpenGL representation of the stiched image
before rendering, you can change the projection and, most importantly, the
image placement or rotation within the projected stiched image.
7- The file size will depend on the canvas size (yes look for such an
option on the Sticther tab.
8- straight is a fluid term when it comes to stritching panoramas, it
depends on the projection and placement and rotation of the stitched
images. You are trying to display something that can be interpreted in many
different ways, all of them correct or incorrect depending on your
expectations. read
https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/image-projections.htm
9 have fun!