On Jan 8, 2010, at 10:41 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

> > If we want to whack the .tex files, we certainly can (and just include the
> > HTML and PDFs).  I don't think I have a strong feeling either way.
>
> Are these tex files shipped because people might want to rebuild the PDF
> ? I am ok if we don't ship them.

Yes, and I agree.  I'll work on whacking them in the build process.

> But we still have to fix the HTML and manpage long filenames. We could:
> * use shorter type names in the device attributes, but it'll be hard
> anyway since we it's waaaaaay too long. doxygen didn't actually go the
> lastest level of nested struct/unions: we have union hwloc_obj_attr_u ->
> struct hwloc_bridge_attr_u -> union hwloc_bridge_downstream_attr_u ->
> struct hwloc_bridge_downstream_pci_attr_u
> * stop doing nested declarations of all these attribute union/structs so
> that doxygen generates foo and bar instead of foo and foo_bar. but we'll
> end up having many struct/union declarations and I think it would be
> hard for people to read them while traversing the unique nested
> declaration is easy.
>
> I am looking for a way to tell doxygen to output foo and bar even when
> bar is declared inside foo but I didn't find anything yet.

I don't think we should let doxygen dictate the code that we write.  I see 3
obvious solutions:

1. make doxy do what we want
2. post-process the doxy output to have more friendly filenames
3. use some other tool

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquy...@cisco.com