I was not able to reproduce the behavior described by Erik on the
NERSC Cray XE6, which is to say, Cray C does not claim to be GCC
there.  As I can't verify the problem, I can't report it.

I have no experience with Cray bug fix latency but I suspect this
needs to be worked-around (I refuse to call it a fix since there is no
problem in hwloc) because Cray won't backport whatever fix they
implement to all their compilers that users might come across.

Jeff