I hope I'm still on the right list for my current problem.

Today we figured out on a similiar but older four opteron (6100) 48 cores system that
mpiexec -bind-to numa is the essential key point.

This I want to realize on my system. I already installed libnuma such that hwloc configure
uses numa.

Then I configured openmpi-1.10.0 which also uses libnuma

When I compile my petsc example with MPIEXEC="orterun -bind-to numa" and run the application
I get
---------------------
A request was made to bind a process, but at least one node does NOT
support binding processes to cpus.

  Node:  leo
This usually is due to not having libnumactl and libnumactl-devel
installed on the node.
---------------------

I cannot find these packages for ubuntu 14.04.

Even when I compile numactl-2.0.9 from http://oss.sgi.com/projects/libnuma/
I only generates libnuma

I find a lot of ubuntu deb packages on https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/numactl
But there I only find libnuma but no libnumactl.

Where do I get the libnumactl and libnumactl-devel from?

Is this the wrong thread and the wrong list?

I have a feeling that I'm quite close but just cannot reach it :(

Thanks,

Fabian