Good point. In theory, that's possible because we only look at cpusets
(NUMA nodes have cpusets, I/O don't). So the name of the function still
matches its behavior.

However it won't happen in practice with the current code because I/O
are always attached to CPU objects. But it may change in the future with
things like processing-in-memory etc.

Instead of calling this function, you could do a while
(!hwloc_obj_type_is_normal(obj->type)) obj = obj->parent;

I'll update the doc too. Thanks.

Brice