That was it - the older DLL was in the path. Thanks for looking into it.

--Jon

On 7/22/2020 6:02 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

Hello Jon

Sorry the delay. I finally got some time to look at this. I can only
reproduce the issue when I am compiling against hwloc 2.0.4 and using
2.2.0 at runtime (placing libhwloc-15.dll in the current directory). If
using the same version (either 2.0.4 or 2.2.0) for both compiling at
running, the program works fine. Can you double-check if you were mixing
versions?

If so, it may look like some sort of ABI break. I am trying to find out
where hwloc_topology_init() crashes.

Brice