I do have ldd (Cygwin) and it can show what DLLs the .exe will load. That's determined by the PATH, and with the PATH corrected it is choosing the right version.  My understanding is that Windows does not delay loading the DLL unless the app is linked with /DELAYLOAD, which is not the case here.

--Jon