Hi All,

Following the discussions about the Arabic layout, I would like also to
propose to add the Farsi keyboard layout to XFree86.

However we need to clarify one question about "naming conventions". Is there
any convention on how to name keyboard layouts for XFree86? The kxb file for
Farsi has had the name ir up to now and the language is called Iranian. I
would like to change this to fa and Farsi, since this is the correct name for
the language used. Iranian refers to a group of languages and should not be
used to refer to Farsi; it is also unfair towards other memebers of the
family of Iranian languages. Is this OK?
Roozbeh?

I think that our files are so far ready. Is the necessary information to be
sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]?

In case you are interested in viewing the xkb file, you will find it here:

http://www.farsikde.com/downloads/ir

Thanks,
Arash