Kaixo!

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 04:38:27PM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> While on that:
>
> Currently symbols files also map some modifiers. e.g, from symbols/ru
>
>     modifier_map Shift  { Shift_L };
>     modifier_map Lock   { Caps_Lock, ISO_Lock };
>     modifier_map Control{ Control_L };
>     modifier_map Mod3   { Mode_switch };
>
> Are all of them correct? I tend to think that there's too much copy&paste
> between the different symbols files.

Also, you may end up with incoherent behaviour in a multi-layout keyboard.
Those should maybe put into different files, maybe special layout files
for predefined behaviours.

That would also avoid the need for a lot of variants, eg instead of

"us(euro105)" it will be "us+euro105" (the difference between "us(default)"
and "us(euro105)" is mainly the interpretation of the meaning of right Alt
key and the extra "windows" keys etc. something that isn't related to US
layout in any way.
And then the same "euro105" could be used for other layouts, eg:
"fr+euro105", "be+euro105" etc.

What do you think about it?

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,