Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
> That would also avoid the need for a lot of variants, eg instead of
>
> "us(euro105)" it will be "us+euro105" (the difference between "us(default)"
> and "us(euro105)" is mainly the interpretation of the meaning of right Alt
> key and the extra "windows" keys etc. something that isn't related to US
> layout in any way.
> And then the same "euro105" could be used for other layouts, eg:
> "fr+euro105", "be+euro105" etc.
>
> What do you think about it?

  I agree.
  I is nonsense that 'us' keyboard has 'euro' variants.
All variants of Multi_key and Mode_switch placement can be put into options
(maybe axcept one varinat placed directly in national layout as defaults).

  I suppose the existent scheme with many variants and includes is
too complicated. And writing new files set we have a good chance to rewrite
them from scratch making them as simple as posible.
  (Then we will have plenty of time to make them as complicated as they
are now :-).

--
 Ivan U. Pascal         |   e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Administrator of     |   Tomsk State University