Ivan Pascal wrote:
> First of a client side *has* ability to load a file (as a
> compiled keymap) into a server.
> But if the server distributes a *name* of Compose file only
> (and each client
> has to find and read this file from its local directory tree)
> there is not
> guaranty that each client machine has such file.

The compose data should of course be part of the compiled
keymap. (Just like the plain keymappings are.)

> I didn't mean the compose file will be chosen automaticaly
> with the keymap choice.

Yes, it should. (B.t.w. that is the case for Windows and MacOS.)

In a longer perspective, choosing an IME should automatically
select a keyboard layout. Or rather, the other way around.
Selecting a keyboard should also automatically select an IME
(compose "files" being a special (simple) case of an IME). Again,
this is *already* the case *both* in Windows and MacOS (and
some mobile phone keyboards too; these have IME functionality
("T9") also for "Latin/Cyrillic/Greek/Arabic script" languages too,
due to the small number of keys).

                /kent k