On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:09:17PM +0200, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Axel already mentioned that you should be presented with i3-config-wizard on
> your first start of i3, which will generate an i3 config based on keyboard
> codes instead of keyboard symbols. So, in that config file, whichever key is
> on
> your homerow ends up being the "focus right" key.

I think it depends on packaging. On OpenBSD package, I didn't see this,
but I don't care. Really.

> You could use the arrow keys in these applications. The arrow keys are
> comfortable reachable in decent keyboard layouts such as neo-layout.org.

I stripped off my arrow keys with a screwdriver. [1]

> How would you *see* what layout people are using? I don’t care what’s printed
> on my keys ;-).

Me too. Actually, I only remap Tab to be my Esc, and Caps Lock to be my
Control, just like ADM-3A terminal. It's very handy to have Esc closer
to homerow.

Cheers,

[1] Just kidding. But I don't use them.