-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

If you don't know it yet you may find quickswitch-i3 [1] useful. It
creates dmenu menus for workspaces, clients etc.

Regarding your original question: No I don't think this is possible at
the moment. But you could monkey patch it into your dmenu script. For
example, convert all workspace names matching "_[A-Z]" to A-Z. On
return from dmenu you convert A-Z back to the original string by just
prepending an underscore or some similar delimiter. Con: the workspace
name and what you type to get to it are different.

[mabe]

[1] https://github.com/proxypoke/quickswitch-for-i3

On 08/09/2013 06:29 AM, Sylvain Benner wrote:
> For the rest I prefer dmenu, I'm currently building up a whole i3 
> environment driven by dmenu. I will share it when it is ready.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.20 (GNU/Linux)

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJSBNdCAAoJEAOmTcUxK/swG8MQAJ0SqO2VU4n8FYSM43LmaBMS
P6FtZ4kcvhf0mG4TrVd7924CnLPEg+cLjBZkSrwrSiWymypD0/Oyfg5HfA9YsK4I
5cKAbxb8W+46kuk2wWOT7VPj8m0TxN64ys6R3KSrJIY9AYW6ZH8oPFIJ21HTPAvV
i1I5jT3ibDuteNDRx5ImMANJL+my8ArmFIn2J3/CGODBV/Hv9TGwzP1+bvilS+Gd
8m/GMg+A1SKKznu4f6L3aMT48B3Xg04kHfVA5o0sbMK/K3Mui683W/qZClgrphWt
kZKev0FX7Hpz8pj//hcC1vv5Gj+CKnsiJErE6TTsdpMTX5hn1iTL296KTGEAf6ZG
RNSy7zf1IjSdWUtYOs+kDofimvl2AfhxWsdSRr/amHCkeqtkjwYQ4bF1Y759Qqp0
VdqqOfGG6GOGXxC6bDvTJ+FdLjTToOzUd6a2txqdQ1D6xue2FKCwroTadvzPavbT
xUdjOFEpmSYbWH3pArU239u3KUkQJa1maTStzESgXNkkui6QO0F/4OmReBH2WVqv
bRdehg22KabIxvOPqfI9ycC7ntWiLhL05QHR69k9Gw7w/2F6Ljbh84vNExrhSOwA
gQPkqDyT4XW4erOPHryoFR72Yog8TO5DYOHkdOq7zH/J3d7glbPeTheqpzk2LD4O
mMFVaD736Njm2SPDdECX
=RuOG
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Reply via email to