Hi,

First, some context to understand why it would be useful in my use case.
I'm still experimenting in i3 config and try to work without any
pre-defined set of workspaces, basically I try to use *anonymous*
workspaces without any key bindings or information about workspaces stored
in config. One benefit of this approach is to have a lot of single window
workspaces (I start to use chromium apps feature) where the name or the
position of the workspace don't matter, only the type of application and
window attribute are used to navigate (coupled with back and forth).
For this approach I wrote some scripts using dmenu to manage workspaces
(jump, send to output) and windows (jump, send to workspace, jump for
terminals etc).
To select a workspace dmenu proposes all possible workspace names composed
of only one character. I have a patched dmenu which can return
automatically when only one candidate matches the filter so selecting a
workspace is pretty quick since I have to press only one character.

So given this context, I could have 26 more possible workspaces in i3 (and
a whole new world of freedom and possibilities given my current mood) if
there was support for case-sensitive workspace names.

Well, I know this is borderline stuff, just asking :-))

-syl20bnr-

Reply via email to