Hello Gereon,

As I don't care about an additional refresh once in a while, I'd go for
the nice numbers... What are your opinions?

The alignment is there purely for aesthetic reasons, right? That the clock displays the seconds in a predictable way?

I don't display seconds in my clock and therefore the alignment makes no sense for me at all.

So what about a patch that inspects the time definitions to see if seconds are involved and only performs the alignment if that is the case? Does that sound like a viable strategy? Thanks.

Cheers,
  Marco