Hi,

Marco Hunsicker wrote:
> It's a pity that Gereon did not comment any further.
Sorry for that, but I have been on vacation for the last 12 days or
so... :-)

Marco Hunsicker wrote:
> The alignment is there purely for aesthetic reasons, right? That the
> clock displays the seconds in a predictable way?
Yes, just as you describe a few mails later: 00 -> 05 -> 10 -> ...

Anyhow, I don't have a strong opinion about this. I just consider
refreshs that are due to a USR1 "exceptional" and deem the default case
to be more important.
Ultimately, both problems are only aesthetical: ugly numbers vs.
refreshs earlier than <interval>
seconds...<http://dict.leo.org/ende/index_de.html#/search=aesthetical&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on>

Cheers,
Gereon