Hi Tobias,

Tobias Frilling <tob...@frilling-online.de> writes:
> I'm currently trying an alternative keyboard layout, Neo2, but I'm
> having trouble with i3. It seems like i3 isn't capturing any key syms,
> so no 'bindsym' is triggered.
I use neo2 since many years, and all i3 features work perfectly fine for
me.

> Here's the console output from i3-config-wizard for pressing Super_L,
> Return and a, once as it should be with keymap de, then broken with
> de-neo:
> […]
> Keypress 133, state raw = 16
> sym =  (0)
> Modifier keycode for Mod1: 0x40
> Modifier keycode for Mod1: 0xcd
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0x85
> This is Mod4!
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0x86
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0xce
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0xcf
> Keypress 36, state raw = 16
> sym =  (0)
> Modifier keycode for Mod1: 0x40
> Modifier keycode for Mod1: 0xcd
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0x85
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0x86
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0xce
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0xcf
> Keypress 38, state raw = 16
> sym =  (0)
> Modifier keycode for Mod1: 0x40
> Modifier keycode for Mod1: 0xcd
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0x85
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0x86
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0xce
> Modifier keycode for Mod4: 0xcf
So i3-config-wizard cannot translate the keysyms. This could be a bug in
how i3-config-wizard works — keyboard handling in XCB is tricky.

Can you test whether i3lock from git (it has to be the git version)
works with neo2 for you?

Also, which i3 version are you using? And can you append the output of
xmodmap -pke?

--
Best regards,
Michael