In a recent note Miklos Szigetvari said:

> Date:         Fri, 13 May 2005 02:48:01 +0200
>
> I would  vote for the DD solution.
> A reserved (maybe changeable)  DD name for  the long PARM's

Ummm.  There are already various freebies (perhaps on CBTTAPE) that
do this.

o Working for an ISV, I don't find this satisfactory.  We can't mandate
  that every customer install a particular unsupported widget to run
  JCL we might supply.  Nor should every ISV need to supply with its
  product an idiosyncratic JCL-to-PARM utility.  Perhaps if IBM made a
  JCL-to-PARM utility ...

o But, as already pointed out, this wouldn't work in PROCs.  However,
  instream data sets in PROCs is another long-needed enhancement.

o But, as no one has so far pointed out, this would lack support for
  symbolic substitution in the PARMDD.  However, symbolic substitution
  in instream data sets is another long-needed enhancement.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL