>>If that were true, none of my compile procs would

>>work (they all work just

>>fine, structured exactly as your example).

Just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should. Why do we have to
perform all of these unnatural acts, just because we are using archaic
constructs?

Remeber when SMS was still a SHARE requirement?

Revolutionary changes in an evolutionary manner.

Let's stretch PARMS and JCL Card Images, but not in such a way that we break
something.

I believe that a new zPARM is the better approach.

Make zPARM and PARM mutually exclusive and, when we are sure the programme can
handle it, change from PARM to zPARM (site specific).

And, do't argue with me about upper and lower case!

1. It's just an example

2. It's about time that JCL supported mixed case.

//step1 exec pgm=iefbr14

should be just as acceptable as:

//STEP1 EXEC PGM=IEFBR14

(and we can always use quotes whenever we don't want something mapped to upper
case, just as we do with PATH=

Ted MacNEIL
[EMAIL PROTECTED]