From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Eric Chevalier
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 8:29 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: PARM=

On 13 May 2005 06:06:09 -0700,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chase, John) wrote:

> [...]

I think the type of situation that Cathy is referring to would be
something like:

  //A  PROC
  //.....
  //SYSIN  DD *
  [control cards embedded directly in the PROC]
  /*
  //   PEND

This has always been one of my pet JCL annoyances; the inability to
embed
a sysin dataset *within* a proc means that I need to maintain *two*
files:
the PROC itself AND the control file.

(Disclaimer: I have not tried to create a proc like the example shown
above in quite a few years; I don't know for a fact that current
versions
of z/OS won't accept such JCL.)

Eric

--
Eric Chevalier                          E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                           Web: www.tulsagrammer.com

This email is confidential and may be legally privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else,
unless expressly approved by the sender or an authorized addressee, is
unauthorized.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action omitted or taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender, delete this e-mail and destroy all copies.